University of the West and the Office of Student Life are excited to welcome our new students to the 2017 Spring Semester!
All new students are required to attend UDays, the new student orientation week, taking place January 9 – 14, 2017. Come to the opening on Monday, January 9 at Ken Locke Hall (ED 213) on the UWest campus, located at:
As a new student, you are bound to have questions. UDays will help you discover the answers to the questions you have by providing useful information about campus resources, programs, and services. By the time you complete UDays, you’ll be on your way to becoming a successful UWest student and feeling at home in our community.
Make new friends and important connections as you meet other new students, student leaders, faculty, and staff. Learn how to navigate the campus and begin to build a network of resources that will put your UWest journey on the right path.
At UDays you will register for classes and find out more about:
- Your specific major
- Your spring schedule of classes
- Financial aid and scholarships
- Housing and meal plans
- International student insurance
- Student Success Center (SSC) & academic support
- Student Government
- Clubs and organizations
- Student peer mentor programs
- And many other campus resources
We look forward to welcoming you to University of the West and are excited that you will be joining the UWest family. Remember, UDays attendance is mandatory for all new students entering in the Spring 2017 semester.
Please follow the link below to the Spring 2017 Semester Orientation schedule:
If you have any questions regarding UDays, contact UWest Student Life Coordinator:
Eddie Escalante: 626.677.3317 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing, math, and English language testing takes place during UDays. Your admission packet indicates whether you need to take any placement tests. If you are not sure about your testing requirements, contact a UWest Enrollment Officer:
Tiffany Martinez: 626.571.8811, ext. 310 / email@example.com
PLACEMENT TESTING SCHEDULE FOR SPRING 2017
Monday, January 9th
Please come on time for your required test/s
- English Placement Test (international students, Group A) 1:30pm in ED 300A*
- English Interview (international students) 1:30pm in ED 300B*
- Math Placement Test (undergraduates) 1:30pm in ED 233**
- Writing Placement Test (undergraduates) 3:30pm in ED 233**
* Get your test schedule assignment during check-in on Monday the 15th of January at 9:00 am in Ken Locke Hall.
** Times and location subject to change.