Theme: The Image of Women in Buddhist History
The Institute of Chinese Buddhist Studies (ICBS) is glad to invite the submission of individual papers for ICBS Fall 2012 Young Scholar Seminar. The seminar is to provide a platform for graduate students and young scholars in North America to elevate their academic excellence and communication. Papers may include the areas of history, literature, art, philosophy of Buddhist women studies, lay Buddhism, monastic Buddhism, comparative studies on Buddhism and other religions, etc.
- November 9th, 2012: Seminar at University of the West
- November 10th, 2012: Post-seminar one-day Buddhist Temple tour (optional)
- 300-500 words of paper proposal should be submitted by July 31, 2012
- Selected proposals will be noticed by August 10
- 5,000-8,000 words full-paper will be due no later than October 10, 2012
- This seminar opens to applicants who are Ph.D. candidates, or young scholars who received Ph.D. degree after 2010
- Selected candidates need to make a 20-min oral presentation, followed by a 10-min discussion during the seminar
- ICBS will provide two nights’ accommodations on campus including lunch and dinner
- Each selected applicant will receive up to $500 air/train/bus transportation reimbursement, depending on individual conditions.
Application and Registration:
The Institute of Chinese Buddhist Studies (ICBS), UWest
Jacqueline Jingjing Z., Coordinator
Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “ICBS Fall 2012 Young Scholar Seminar” as the subject.