IGETC Information

Students attending California community colleges should select General Education courses which meet requirements for either CSU certification or IGETC certification. Fulfillment of either CSU or IGETC certification prior to enrollment at UWest will fulfill UWest’s General Education requirements with the exception of the capstone course (CAP 401: Religion Science & Society).

IGETC certification is not required, but is advisable. If you have not followed the IGETC curriculum, you may still transfer to UWest.

Please contact an Enrollment Counselor at (866) GO-UWEST—(866) 468-9378 for more.