How to Apply for Housing
Freshman Contract Process
Incoming UWest freshmen and International students who are admitted are guaranteed a space in the residence halls as long as their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) is submitted and they submit the Housing Application by the application deadline. Once you have read through the Contract Information package available, please follow the instructions.
- Once admitted you will have two options to applying to University Housing.
- Once admitted a link to the housing application will be made available to you on your online application account.
- Acceptance Packet
- A physical application will be sent to you with your acceptance package or can be found on the Housing website.
- Submit the completed Housing application by application deadline.
- Fall 2017: June 1, 2017
- Spring 2018: December 1, 2017
- All documents must be submitted by the Contract due date to secure a space in the residence halls. You will be notified of your hall and room assignment by early August
Instructions in Completing House Application
- Once accepted to the university you will have two options to applying to the University, online and through physical application available on the Housing website and in your acceptance package.
- Your responsibility to read the entire Residence Hall contract available on the Housing website. We must receive your completed Housing Application to secure your space.
*Housing Applications received after the due date will be accepted if space is available.
- Are you under 18? If so, you need to print and complete the signature page of the contract and get a parent or guardian signature as well.
- Physical Application can be Emailed to email@example.com, fax: (626) 571-1413, or mailed to:
Residential Life Office
1409 Walnut Grove Ave.
Rosemead, CA 91770
- Email receipt will be sent to your UWest email account once we have received your Housing Application. Please allow sufficient time if you are mailing, and 1-3 business days for processing.
Rest assured that you have secured your housing for next year. Check your UWest Webmail account for your Housing welcome letter and room assignment.
Once you submit the license agreement, it is a legally binding contract for the entire semester. Mid-semester cancellations are rarely permitted, unless you withdraw from University of the West
- The $50.00 Contract Processing and Administrative Fee will be posted to your UWest Billing account.
- The $150.00 Security Deposit will be billed to your UWest Billing account in August, included in the room & board charges and mail processing fee.