The mission of the Wellness Center is to provide services that improve the emotional health and overall well-being of the University’s students. A holistic, culturally-sensitive approach is taken, emphasizing physical, social, and emotional well-being.
- Individual Counseling
- Support Groups
- Outreach Programs
Counseling is available at no additional cost to students who are currently enrolled at UWest.
During a time of need, talking to someone who is objective can be extremely helpful. UWest’s counseling services are safe, nonjudgmental and private.
During your first visit, a state-trained & registered mental health professional will listen to your concerns and help you explore your options. Our goal is to help you achieve and maintain personal well-being so that you can continue to focus on your academic journey.
How to Schedule Appointments
To schedule an appointment, contact Jaydee Tumambing Hughes, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist or Jenny Hannah, Registered Marriage Family Therapist Intern.
Jaydee Tumambing Hughes
Telephone: (626) 571-8811 x452
Telephone: (626) 571-8811 x453
Spring 2018 days & times have not yet been determined. Please check back January 9, 2018.
Alternative Counseling Options
Should a student desire a different type of counseling, stress reduction or spiritual care, Rev. Monica Sanford, M.Div., is an additional on-campus resource.
Telephone: (626) 571-8811 x350
Regardless of which counsel you seek, feel free to drop-in. Appointments are recommended, and students of any or no religious affiliation are warmly welcomed!
The Wellness Center keeps a list of referrals and resources for students regarding various mental health issues/crisis. If you are in contact with a student that may be in psychiatric crisis and need immediate attention here are resources to contact:
- 911 – for immediate life-threatening medical/psychiatric emergency
- Los Angeles County Mental Health/Crisis Line – 1 (800) 854-7771
- BHC Alhambra Hospital – (626) 286-1191 (24 hours a day and 7 days a week confidential assessments with a counselor by telephone are available at no cost. Free face to face assessments for inpatient/outpatient services are available by appointment, please call 1 (800) 235-5570)
- Suicide Prevention Crisis Center – (310) 391-1253
- Assaults Against Women Hotline – (310) 392-8381