Scholarships for Continuing Undergraduate Students
There are dozens of scholarship opportunities for UWest students, ranging in value from a few thousand dollars up to full tuition. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, leadership, service, and talent. Unlike loans, scholarships do not have to be repaid.
From scholarships administered by UWest, to state and federal scholarships, we want to make sure that you have access to every opportunity to fund your education.
- Lotus Scholarship – A renewable annual award of up to $10,000 solely for new students. Students must be eligible, and will be considered based on both academic merit and financial need.
- President’s Scholarship – An annual award for degree-seeking students with a minimum 3.5/3.75 GPA (undergraduate/graduate) who also demonstrate outstanding leadership characteristics. President’s scholarship recipients will have the full cost of tuition waived for up to 15 undergraduate or 12 graduate units per semester.
- Dean’s Scholarship – The Dean’s Scholarship is an annual award for students with a minimum 3.2/3.5 GPA (undergraduate/graduate) who demonstrate exceptional leadership ability. Recipients will have the tuition of up to 7.5 undergraduate or 6 graduate units waived each semester.
- UWest Scholarship – Up to $1,000 per semester to full-time, degree-seeking students who show academic merit, leadership, integrity, service and exceptional value to the University.
- Golden Benefactor Awards – These scholarships are awarded by individual donors to stand-out undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate financial need, and require a separate application in order for a student to be considered.
|Hongde Scholarship Foundation||Mr. Henry Dieu Memorial Scholarship|
|Mr. Ching-Sui Hu Memorial Scholarship||Mr. Ben N. Hsu Memorial Scholarship|
|Mr. Ray Kuo Scholarship||Mrs. Pao Hua Yeh Hsu Scholarship|
|Mr. Aric Wu Scholarship||Mr. Rachel Wu Scholarship|
|Mr. Eugene Quan Scholarship||Mr. Shuh-Min Wang Memorial Scholarship|
|Frederick V. and Bernice M. Johnston Scholarship||Venerable Dr. An Hue Memorial Scholarship Fund|
|Ms. Liyu Lash Scholarship||Female Leadership Scholarship|
|Mr. Tai-Fei Bob Shui Memorial Scholarship||Edward Yip Scholarship|
|Winston Victor Wu Scholarship||I Kuan Tao Scholarship|
|Ken Locke Scholarship||Mr. Bor Lun Yu (余博倫) Memorial Scholarship|
|Ms. Ching Hua Wang (王金華) Scholarship||Steven C. Yu Scholarship|
|Lancy Pi-Yun Yu Scholarship||Ellen Fu-Chi Yu Scholarship|
|Vic Wu Scholarship||Mr. Wen Seng Yu Memorial Scholarship|
|Chung, Po Po Scholarship||Lee, Shin Scholarship|
|Mr. Victor Lau Scholarship||Buddha Nature Scholarship|
- Drs. Allen and Lily Huang Student Leadership Awards – This scholarship is a competitive scholarship and awards $2,000 annually with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
OUTSIDE SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH ENGINES:
The following web sites may assist with your search for outside scholarship opportunities. Before you begin your search, however, we suggest that you review the useful information from the Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Department of Education to learn how to avoid scholarship and financial aid scams.
- College Scholarships.org
- Fastweb: Scholarships
- International Scholarships.com
- Military.com: Scholarship Finder
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Disclaimer: The above outside scholarship search engines are offered by organizations and/or companies NOT affiliated with University of the West. UWest cannot guarantee the validity of each scholarship offer or web site. Students should exercise judgment and research such opportunities. We encourage students to avoid any scholarship offer that requires an up-front payment by the student.