Scholarships for New Undergraduate Students
There are dozens of scholarship opportunities for UWest students, ranging in value from a few thousand dollars up to full tuition. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, leadership, service, and talent. Unlike loans, scholarships do not have to be repaid.
From scholarships administered by UWest, to state and federal scholarships, we want to make sure that you have access to every opportunity to fund your education.
- Lotus Scholarship – A renewable annual award of up to $10,000 solely for new students. Students must be eligible, and will be considered based on both academic merit and financial need.
- Bridge Scholarship – A need-based annual scholarship of up to $8,500 for new first-time domestic undergraduate students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds. Students must demonstrate exceptional financial need and self-declare the underserved/disadvantaged status at the time of applying. The awarded scholarship is contingent upon student’s enrollment in UWest’s summer Bridge2U program including successful completion of the course College Success: Research & Study Skills (ILR101).
- Springboard Scholarship – Awarded to new undergraduate students transferring to UWest during the spring semester. The Springboard Scholarship is awarded based on merits.
- AJ Wang Foundation Scholarship Fund – This private scholarship is solely for eligible graduating high school seniors applying for UWest with a minimum high school GPA of 2.5. The scholarship awards $2,000 a year for up to four years to students who maintain full-time enrollment status and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Outside Scholarship Search Engines:
The following web sites may assist with your search for outside scholarship opportunities. Before you begin your search, however, we suggest that you review the useful information from the Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Department of Education to learn how to avoid scholarship and financial aid scams.
- College Scholarships.org
- Fastweb: Scholarships
- International Scholarships.com
- Military.com: Scholarship Finder
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Disclaimer: The above outside scholarship search engines are offered by organizations and/or companies NOT affiliated with University of the West. UWest cannot guarantee the validity of each scholarship offer or web site. Students should exercise judgment and research such opportunities. We encourage students to avoid any scholarship offer that requires an up-front payment by the student.