FRESHMAN CONTRACT PROCESS
Incoming Uwest freshmen and International students who are admitted for fall quarter are guaranteed a space in the residence halls as long as their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) is submitted by May 1st and they submit the Residence Hall Contract by June 1st. Once you have read through the Contract Information package, please follow the instructions.
- Complete the Personal Preference form.
- Submit the completed signature page of the Contract
- All documents must be submitted by the Contract due date to secure a space in the residence halls. You will be notified of your hall and room assignment by early August.
INSTRUCTIONS IN COMPLETING LICENCE AGREEMENT
- Download the Housing License Agreement.
- Read the entire Residence Hall contract, Parts I, II, and III. We must receive your completed License Agreement form (pages 23&24) by June 1, 2015 in order for you to secure your space. License Agreements received after the due date will be accepted if space is available.
- Are you under 18? If so, you need to print and complete the signature page of the contract and get a parent or guardian signature as well.
- Fax, scan & email, or mail the completed signature page of the License Agreement. Email or FAX are preferred. Email:
RESIDENTIAL LIFE OFFICE
1409 Walnut Grove Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770
- Email receipt will be sent to your UWest email account once we have received your Housing License Agreement. Please allow sufficient time if you are mailing, and 1-3 business days for processing. UWest Webmail
Rest assured that you have secured your housing for next year. Check your Uwest email account for your Personal Preference & Contract Confirmation emails.
ONCE YOU SUBMIT THE LICENCE AGREEMENT IT IS A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT FOR THE ENTIRE 2015-2016 ACADEMIC YEAR. MID-YEAR CANCELLATIONS ARE RARELY PERMITTED, UNLESS YOU WITHDRAW FROM UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST.
- The $50.00 Contract Processing and Administrative Fee will be posted to your UWest Billing account.
- The $150.00 Security Deposit will be billed to your UWest Billing account in August, included in the room & board charges and mail processing fee.