Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), University of the West, located in the City of Rosemead, Los Angeles County, California, has entered a new phase of expansion. The mission of the University is to provide a whole person education in a context informed by Buddhist wisdom and values and facilitate cultural understanding and appreciation between East and West. The University invites applications to join its growing efforts for Information Technology Assistant
To assist in taking care of the day-to-day support and troubleshooting of all in house software and hardware at University of the West.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Manage, troubleshoot and administer the campus network and associated computers.
- Provide data backup in regular basis.
- Take care of technical support in hardware and software, computer repairs and upgrades, as well as a virus detection and removal.
- Coordinate with consultants, partners and in-house staff on system issues.
- Coordinate with consultants, partners, and in-house staff on future upgrades.
- Manage other in-house applications systems and web-based applications.
- Maintain other software systems.
- Specify requirements for upgrades.
- Assist in the trouble-shooting of performance issues.
- Any other services directed by your manager.
- Professional and cooperative; able to work as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills; able to service end users.
- Friendly, motivated, responsible and a self-starter.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Able to manage software engineering projects.
- Willing to learn and adopt new technology.
- Campus Vue experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experienced with troubleshooting / installing for computer hardware, software, and network.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Server 2008, Windows 7, and Office 2010.
- Detail knowledge in Symantec Endpoint antivirus.
- Strong communication skill and helpdesk experience.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain opened until filled. Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a list of at least three professional references to:
University of the West
1409 N. Walnut Grove Avenue
Rosemead, California 91770