The University of the West is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian, co-educational university offering undergraduate, masters, and doctoral degree programs. Since 1996, it has been accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The Department of Business Administration at the University seeks to address the issues of business and management in different cultural contexts. The primary mission of the Department is to educate students in small, interactive classes where they can learn, acquire skills, and form attitudes and values appropriate for leading and serving in a global society. It strives to do this in the context of a friendly and caring learning community. The programs in Business Administration build on the university’s strengths in cross-cultural expertise and service traditions and prepare men and women for management and professional positions in for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations.
We are looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking leader who can guide a growing department in a growing university.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operation of the Department;
- Develop and revise curricula of the business programs based on students’ needs and faculty’s recommendations;
- Recruit new faculty;
- Arrange professors’ teaching and class schedule each semester;
- Organize faculty meetings;
- Recruit students;
- Advise students;
- Arrange students’ field trips;
- Participate on the university’s relevant committees;
- Others as assigned by the President and/or Dean.
- Ph.D. in the field of business, management, or related field, or D.B.A. – from an AACSB-accredited program;
- Distinguished record in teaching, scholarship, and professional and/or community involvement;
- Substantive history of leadership/management experience;
- Strong background in US higher education but also an appreciation for global business and cultures;
- Experience in envisioning new possibilities for business education and appreciation for the changing landscape of higher education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment;
- Strong commitment to research and publishing, to graduate and undergraduate teaching, and to university, community, and professional service;
- Strong commitment to interdisciplinary education and research;
- Demonstrated ability to advance the university’s commitment to expanding and enhancing its programs;
- Strong track record of research publications, as well as ability to provide guidance for research activities within the department;
- Experience in participating in, organizing, and speaking at professional and community conferences;
- Student-centeredness and commitment to individual students’ needs and interests;
- A true passion for innovative business education today;
- Knowledge and skills in accreditation processes desired.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a list of at least three professional references to:
University of the West, Human Resources
1409 N. Walnut Grove Avenue, Rosemead, California 91770
Fax: 626-571-1413; or Email