Scholarship Award: Up to $2,000 per successful applicant.
The Springboard 2016 Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students with a 2.75 or higher GPA who matriculate into University of the West (UWest) in the Spring 2016 semester.
Priority will be given to transfer students who, at the time of application, have successfully completed at least 12 units at a community college or accredited four-year university/college.
The applicant’s cumulative high school and college GPA will be taken into consideration for the awarding of the Springboard 2016 Scholarship.
A successful scholarship applicant may be awarded up to $2,000 for the Spring 2016 semester and may be eligible to apply for the Lotus Scholarship for 2016-2017 if all scholarship criteria are met.
Deadline: Tuesday, Dec. 1st, 2015
- The Springboard 2016 Scholarship is available to new undergraduate students seeking a bachelor’s degree at UWest.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Students must enroll at UWest full time (minimum 12 units per semester)
- Demonstrated cultural, community, leadership, or school commitment illustrating how the applicant puts into practice one or more of the values of the university: character, compassion, and community.
Required Documents for a Successful Application
- Completed and signed UWest 2015-16 Financial Aid Application Form;
- Completed and signed UWest 2015-16 International Student Supplemental Application for Financial Aid (international applicants only);
- A copy of official transcript (in English) of the highest education attained;
- A copy of official TOEFL or IELTS score report (first-time, international applicants only).
- Recommendation letter(s) and/or personal essay demonstrating the applicant’s cultural, community, leadership, or school commitment that puts into practice one or more of the values of the university: character, compassion, and community.
- (Optional) Any evidence the applicant feels supports his/her scholarship application.
Note: The Springboard 2016 Scholarship Application must be submitted together with the Application for Admission to UWest. All required documentation for admissions and scholarship must be submitted by the indicated deadline. Applications not completed by these dates will not be considered.
Other Important Terms and Conditions:
- The scholarship is awarded in the Spring 2016 semester and is not renewable for any subsequent semester.
- The scholarship is non-transferable to other students or institutions.
- The scholarship cannot be deferred.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with President’s Scholarship, Dean’s Scholarship, Buddha’s Light Scholarship, IBEF Scholarship, IBEF Fellowship or UWest Scholarship. Students must return the scholarship funds if other scholarship money is received.
- Recipients may become disqualified after the scholarship is disbursed if their enrollment status changes during the term of the award, in which case students must return the scholarship funds received.
- Should the scholarship be declined or returned, it will be considered forfeited and UWest may keep the award or award it to another student.
- Recipients of the award agree to release to UWest the right to use their images for publication in any format chosen by the university (i.e. print, video, digital image).