Scholarship Award: Up to $2,000 per successful applicant.
The Springboard 2015 Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students with 2.75 GPA who matriculate into University of the West (UWest) in the Spring 2015 Semester.
Priority will be given to transfer students with at least 12 successfully completed units, at the time of applying, from a community college or accredited four-year university/college.
The cumulative high school and college GPA will be taken into consideration for the awarding of the Springboard 2015 Scholarship.
A successful scholarship applicant may be awarded up to $2,000 for the Spring 2015 Semester and may be eligible to apply for the Lotus Scholarship for 2015-2016 if all scholarship criteria are met
Deadline: Monday, December 1, 2014
- The Springboard 2015 Scholarship is available to new undergraduate students seeking Bachelor’s degree at UWest.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Students must enroll at UWest full time (minimum 12 units)
- Demonstrated cultural, community, leadership, or school commitment illustrating how the applicant puts into practice one or more of the values of the university: peace, harmony, compassion, responsibility, and excellence.
Required Documents for a Successful Application
- Completed and signed UWest 2014-15 Financial Aid Application Form;
- Completed and signed UWest 2014-15 International Student Supplemental Application for Financial Aid (International applicants only);
- A copy of Official Transcript (in English) of the highest education attained;
- A copy of official TOEFL or IELTS score report (first-time, international applicants only).
- Recommendation letter(s) and/or personal essay demonstrating the applicant’s cultural, community, leadership, or school commitment that puts into practice one or more of the values of the university: peace, harmony, compassion, responsibility, and excellence.
- (Optional) Any evidence that you feel supports your scholarship application.
Note: The Springboard 2015 Scholarship Application must be submitted together with the Application for Admission to UWest. All required documentation for admissions and scholarship must be submitted by the indicated deadline. Applications not completed by these dates will not be considered.
Other Important Terms and Conditions:
- The scholarship is awarded in the Spring 2015 Semester and is not renewable for any subsequent semester.
- The scholarship is non-transferable to other students or institutions.
- The scholarship cannot be deferred.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with President’s Fellowship, Dean’s Fellowship, Buddha’s Light Fellowship, IBEF Scholarship, IBEF Fellowship or UWest Scholarship. Students must return the scholarship funds if other scholarship money is received.
- Recipients may become disqualified after the scholarship is disbursed if their enrollment status changes during the term of the award, in which case students must return the scholarship funds received.
- Should the scholarship be declined or returned, it will be considered forfeited and UWest may keep the award or award it to another student.
- Recipients of the award agree to release to the UWest the right to use their images for publication in any format chosen by the university (i.e. print, video, digital image).