UWSG Executive Council Leadership Scholarship
UWSG represents the entire UWest student body within the University’s governance structure. UWSG works with the University administration to improve students’ quality of life. It serves as the students’ voice and a bridge between UWest students, faculty, and staff.
UWest established the UWSG Executive Council Leadership Scholarship to honor and recognize the values and contributions that UWSG Officers provide to the UWest community.
Award: $500 per semester for Fall and Spring semesters.
- Must be an elected UWSG Officer who is actively serving in a given term, i.e. President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Activities Officer, Public Relations Officer and Student Issues Officer.
- Must be enrolled full-time or part-time at UWest. Open enrollment students are not eligible.
- Must have a minimum GPA 2.2 for undergraduates and GPA 3.2 for graduates throughout a given serving term.
- Must not be receiving any other form of institutional financial aid and scholarship, including President’s Fellowship, Dean’s Fellowship, Campus Life Fellowship, Buddha’s Light Fellowship, UWest Scholarship, Lotus Scholarship, Springboard Scholarship, and IBEF Scholarship. Institutional work-study and private scholarships such as the Golden Benefactor Awards are not included.
The scholarship will be disbursed into the student’s account in the last week of each fall and spring semester. Recipients may retain the scholarship fund in their student account as credit toward next semester’s expenses or request a stipend check from the Bursar’s Office.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- The scholarship is non-transferable to other students or institutions.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with President’s Fellowship, Dean’s Fellowship, Campus Life Fellowship, Buddha’s Light Fellowship, UWest Scholarship, Lotus Scholarship, Springboard Scholarship, IBEF Scholarship, and other forms of institutional scholarships.
- The scholarship will not be disbursed if a recipient resigns from his or her UWSG position during a serving semester.
Application and Evaluation:
- Eligible UWSG Officers enter the scholarship program automatically once they are elected and have begun serving the UWSG. No application is required.
- The UWest Financial Aid Office verifies the eligibility of each UWSG Officer based on the scholarship guidelines, and disburses the scholarship fund to each eligible officer in the last week of each fall and spring semester.