ROSEMEAD, Calif., February 12, 2013 — University of the West is proud to host Interfaith Celebration 2013: Nonviolence in the Home & Beyond on Sunday, Feb. 17 at its campus in Rosemead.
The Interfaith Celebration, put on by the Los Angeles-based World Interfaith Network, is the second in a series of monthly events among faith communities in greater Los Angeles.
These events are sponsored by World Interfaith Network, a Specialized Affiliate of Unity-and-Diversity World Council, Inc. They include music, meditation, interfaith candle lighting, dialog, and action.
Each event focuses on the theme of Nonviolence in the Home and Beyond and ways to eliminate threats of violence in our communities, starting in one’s own home.
Date: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2013(13), 3-5 P.M. (Refreshments afterward)
Location: UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST, 1409 Walnut Grove Ave., Rosemead 91770, Room ED 300
The event on Sunday will be hosted by Anthuan Vuong, an admissions counselor at UWest and a student in the M.Div. program.
Other guests include:
- Rev. Dr. Mary Mann – Playwright; coordinator, Science and Spirituality book project
- Ven. Chao Chu – Head monk, Rosemead Buddhist Monastery (or representative)
- Rev. Laura Hunter – Unity-and-Diversity Minister; poet
- Sam Sohrab – Member of Baha’i Faith; helped with World Scriptures
- Sister Vinu – Brahma Kumaris Center L.A. plus possible others
- Rev. Stephen L. Fiske – Singer/songwriter/producer; Interfaith minister
- Rev. Wilma Striebeck – Metaphysical minister; former UDC staff member
- Rev. Al Duffy – Buddhist lay leader; Unity-and-Diversity Minister
- Fred & Margaret Bayer – Members, Temple Beth Emet (Judaism)
- Ven. Uttama – Buddhist monk; friend of Al Duffy
- Carl Hult – Choir member, Founders Church; supporter of World Scriptures
- Rev. Leland Stewart, B.S.E., B.T. – UDC Founder/Central Coordinator; Facilitator
- Tentative: Rev. George Hines, Rev. Paul Nugent, Bonnie Johnstone