The Reaffirmation of Accreditation Process
UWest’s Accreditation Reaffirmed Until 2021
University of the West has received the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) Action Letter announcing their decision to reaffirm UWest’s accreditation for the period of six years. In the July 11, 2022 Action Letter, the Commission commended UWest for:
- A mission, vision, and values that are clear, compelling, and a galvanizing force for the university community as was evident during the visit and gave credence to the regular use of the words “home” and “family.”
- Cohesive administration and leadership who communicate transparently to appropriate stakeholders regarding the health and status of the university and degree program requirements and procedures.
- Graduate programs with a strong and consistent blend of scholarship, contemplation, and practical skills.
- Staff and faculty who emphasize student support and embody the mission, vision, and values through providing excellent engagement and personalized service.
The Commission has scheduled UWest’s next Offsite Review for fall 2027 and the Accreditation Visit for spring 2028. In the meantime, UWest will submit a Progress Report on March 1, 2023 addressing enrollment and budget projections, and an Interim Report on March 1, 2025 addressing the six requirements listed in the letter.
All relevant WSCUC reports and responses related to UWest’s accreditation process are linked below.
Publishing the WSCUC Documents
In the spirit of transparency, UWest strives to keep all members of the campus community– faculty, staff, students, alumni, trustees, and donors– informed about the university’s progress towards successful reaccreditation. Below, you will find links to all of the pertinent WSCUC documents, beginning with the most recent.
For questions, concerns, or more information, please contact Vanessa Karam, Accreditation Liaison Officer, at ext. 2130, email@example.com.
- July 2022 WSCUC Action Letter
- March 2022 Accreditation Visit Team Report
- 2021 Institutional Report
- May 2019 WSCUC Interim/Progress Report Action Summary
- May 2019 Inventory of Educational Effectiveness Indicators
- May 2019 Progress Report & Data
- June 2017 WSCUC Action Letter
- April 2017 WSCUC Special Visit Team Report
- February 2017 Special Visit Report
- March 2015 WSCUC Action Letter
- January 2015 UWest Response to the EER Visiting Team Report
- October 2014 EER Visiting Team Report
- August 2014 UWest EER Report
- March 2013 WASC Action Letter
- December 2012 UWest Response to the WASC Special Visit Team Report
- October 2012 WASC Special Visit Team Report
- August 2012 UWest Special Visit Report
- March 2011 WASC Action Letter
- September 2010 UWest CPR Report