English Language Institute
The English Language Institute (ELI) at UWest provides high quality and relevant instruction in English, the global language of more than 700 million people. Whether you are trying to improve your academic or professional performance, increase your personal communication skills or hoping to learn about American culture, ELI has options for you.
Start your online application today!
If you need assistance with your application, please call our toll-free number or email the enrollment office.
Apply for Admission to the English Language Institute at UWest
Application for admission to any program within the English Language Institute requires submission of the following:
- Application – Complete the UWest online application.
- Application Fee – The $50 fee for domestic students or $100 fee for international students is non-refundable. Payment may be made by check, credit card, or through the online application. Please make checks out to University of the West.
- Official Transcripts – All official transcripts must be in English or translated to English by an official agent.
- Diploma – A copy of official high school diploma or the highest degree earned. If your diploma is not in English, please obtain a verification letter from the institution or have it translated by an official agent.
- Identification – Copies of two forms of legal identification. Acceptable forms of identification include: passport, driver license, identification card, and social security card.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Documentation of Finances – All international student applicants are required to provide evidence of financial ability to pay for a semester of tuition and living expenses (estimated at $11,000). Please submit official statement of finances as well as official bank verification and, if applicable, financial sponsor agreement.
- Official Documents – All international students are required to submit copies of the following official documents:
- Current passport
- Current U.S. visa (if applicable)
Additional Requirements for Transfer Applicants
Transfer students are required to submit copies of the following official documents:
- Copy of previous I-20
- F-1 Transfer Release Form
Note: Applicants to English Language Institute programs must provide evidence of graduation from high school or its equivalent. Applicants who have not graduated from high school or its equivalent may qualify for admission by completion of academic work at a regionally accredited or state approved school with a 2.0 or higher cumulative grade point average or by being over 18 years of age.
* You are required to register for at least one semester in order for UWest to issue you an I-20.
繁體中文版 (Traditional Chinese)
|步驟二||繳交報名費: 美國本地學生50美金，國際學生100美金) (支票或現金須隨申請書附上，支票並能直接支付於西來大學)|
|步驟四||繳交高中學歷證明 或 最高學歷證明/畢業證書 (學歷證明必須是全英文版，請向原畢業學校申請英文版學歷證明，或委由官方翻譯機構翻成英文) ＃申請ELI必須高中畢業以上|
|步驟六 (特別說明)||申請就讀本校ELI之學生須出示高中畢業證書或同等學歷證明;申請者若無上述兩 項證明,可藉由申請就讀州政府認證之社區學校並取得 GPA2.0 以上的成績證明, 或屆齡滿 18 歲以 上即可申請就讀本校 ELI ®申請者須至少申請就讀本校 ELI 一學期,以便學校核發 I-20|
简体中文版 (Simplified Chinese)
|步骤二||缴交报名费: 美国本地学生50美金，国际学生100美金) (支票或现金须随申请书附上，支票并能直接支付于西来大学)|
|步骤四||缴交高中学历证明 或 最高学历证明/毕业证书 (学历证明必须是全英文版，请向原毕业学校申请英文版学历证明，或委由官方翻译机构翻成英文) ＃申请ELI必须高中毕业以上|
|步骤六 (特别说明)||申请就读本校ELI之学生须出示高中毕业证书或同等学历证明;申请者若无上述两 项证明,可藉由申请就读州政府认证之小区学校并取得 GPA2.0 以上的成绩证明, 或届龄满 18 岁以 上即可申请就读本校 ELI ®申请者须至少申请就读本校 ELI 一学期,以便学校核发 I-20|