UDays New Student Orientation Fall 2021
As a new student, you are bound to have questions. UDays will help answer these questions by providing useful information about campus resources, programs, and services. By the time you complete UDays, you’ll be on your way to becoming a successful UWest student and feeling at home in our community. UDays is divided into two parts UDays Online and UDays Live.
UDays Online, June 1st through August 13th
An important component of UDays new student orientation is the online orientation modules you will attend on Moodle, UWest’s learning management system. Start your journey at UWest by completing your UDays Online New Student Orientation right away so that you can get all the information you need to succeed. To do so, you will need to access your Moodle account. Please follow these steps:
- Go to uwest.edu > Quick Links > and click on “Access your online classes” or go directly to https://online.uwest.edu/.
- Enter your Moodle User Name. (usually firstname.lastname, for example, john.smith).
- Enter the default password: UWest@2021
- You will be prompted to create your own password when you log in for the first time. Be sure to remember that password – you will be using Moodle often!
- If you need assistance, email MoodleHelp@uwest.edu.
If you have any additional questions about UDays or anything whatsoever, contact Eddie Escalante in the Office of Student Life at email@example.com.
UDays Live, August 17th through August 28th
Make new friends and important connections as you meet other new students, student leaders, faculty, and staff. Learn how to navigate the campus and begin to build a network of resources that will put your UWest journey on the right path.
Below is a schedule of events for Fall 2021 UDays Live:
Tuesday, August 17
- Time: 6:00 pm, PDT
- Place: Live on Zoom
- Meeting ID: 868 4621 4303
- Passcode: 938157
- Followed by live discussion panels. We will break out into undergraduate and graduate rooms for meet and greet and Q&A led by current students and department chairs.
Wednesday, August 18
Campus Open House
- Time: 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Place: All around campus
- Drop by various campus offices between 2 pm and 5 pm to participate.
- Take Student ID picture at the Office of Student Life
- Receive small welcoming gifts & raffle stamps
- Participate in scavenger hunt with raffle (winners drawn at BBQ)
Welcome BBQ for new students
- Time: 5:00 pm
- Place: Founder’s Courtyard and ED-Patio
- All UWest students, faculty, and staff are invited (with RSVP) to come together and meet with new students. RSVP by Aug. 11.
- Receive your new student ID, if you took a picture earlier.
Thursday, August 19
Trip to Universal City Walk on Public Transportation has been cancelled due to immerging COVID concerns. We will try to reschedule as soon as possible.
Friday, August 20
Residential Life Tie-Dye & Community Art
- Time: 1:30 pm
- Place: Gazebo/Pool area between residence halls.
- Make your own UDays tie-dye shirts
- Materials provided while supplies last.
Saturday, August 28
Beach Trip & Hike, this trip is still be planned for, but based on conditions closer to the time of the event it is subject to change. Meanwhile please continue to RSVP if you would like to go.
- Time: 9:00 am
- Place: Meet at Founder’s Courtyard
- RSVP for Beach Trip by 8/25
- Trip to a local beach.
- If hiking, please bring appropriate footwear.
- Transportation provided.
We look forward to welcoming you to University of the West and are excited that you will be joining our UWest family. Remember, UDays Online completion is mandatory for all new students entering the Fall 2021 semester.