Student Resources

How to Apply for Housing

Freshman Contract Process

Incoming UWest freshmen and International students who are admitted are guaranteed a space in the residence halls as long as their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) is submitted and they submit the Housing Application by the application deadline. Once you have read through the Contract Information package available, please follow the instructions.

  • Once admitted you will have two options to applying to University Housing.
    • Online
      • Once admitted a link to the housing application will be made available to you on your personalized page to complete your housing application.
    • Physical Application
      • Link to the physical application is available below. Please complete it submit it by the application deadline.
  • Submit the completed Housing application by application deadline.
    • Fall 2021: August 1, 2021
    • Spring 2022: December 1, 2022
  • All documents must be submitted by the Contract due date to secure a space in the residence halls. You will be notified of your hall and room assignment by early August

Instructions in Completing House Application

  • Once accepted to the university you will have two options to applying to the University, online on your personalized page and through physical application available on the Housing website.
  • Your responsibility to read the entire Residence Hall contract available on the Housing website. We must receive your completed Housing Application to secure your space.
    *Housing Applications received after the due date will be accepted if space is available.
  • Are you under 18? If so, you need to print and complete the signature page of the contract and get a parent or guardian signature as well.
  • Physical Application can be Emailed to or, fax: (626) 571-1413, or mailed to:

    Residential Life Office
    1409 Walnut Grove Ave.
    Rosemead, CA 91770

  • Email receipt will be sent to your UWest email account once we have received your Housing Application. 

Rest assured that you have secured your housing for next year. 

Once you submit the license agreement, it is a legally binding contract for the entire semester. Mid-semester cancellations are rarely permitted, unless you withdraw from University of the West


  • The $50.00 Contract Processing and Administrative Fee will be posted to your UWest Billing account.
  • The $200.00 Security Deposit will be billed to your UWest Billing account in August, included in the room & board charges and mail processing fee.

Contact the Office of Residential Life

Resident Assistant / RA
Tel: (626) 571-8811 x2190