Consortium Agreement

Click here to return to 

Federal Financial Aid Consortium Agreement

If a student needs to take classes at another institution and plans to transfer the credit back to University of the West as part of their degree program, the student may be able to receive Federal financial aid under a Consortium Agreement between UWest (“Home”) and the other institution (“Host”.)

We think that’s pretty cool!

  • Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and any additional documentation requested by the office of Financial Aid at UWest.
  • All the Consortium Agreement Forms must be completed and submitted to the Financial Aid Office at UWest at least four weeks prior to the start of the UWest semester/term.
  • A Consortium Agreement Pre-Application Form must be completed and submitted to the Financial Aid Office at UWest.
  • Submit a Consortium Agreement for Federal Title IV Financial Aid Programs Form and Consortium Agreement Host Institution Budget Sheet to the Financial Aid Office at the Host Institution. These forms may be faxed or mailed to the Host Institution. Once the Host Institution has completed the necessary information, the forms should be returned to the Office of Financial Aid at UWest.
  • Funds will not be released until the consortium agreement has been completed in its entirety.
  • Financial aid funds will be applied to the student account based on the UWest disbursement schedule. The student should make arrangements to pay the Host Institution by its fee payment deadline.
  • Paid Fee Receipt from Host Institution to show student’s enrollment in the approved courses.
  • Student eligibility for UWest scholarships/fellowships is based on the student enrollment at UWest, not on the student’s concurrent enrollment at Host Institution.
  • Students must have successfully completed at least one semester at UWest before they can apply for a consortium arrangement. Students must register at least one or more credit hour at UWest during the term of consortium. If the student fails to meet the requirements of the agreement, or fails to meet the requirements of previously processed agreements, future agreements may be denied.
  • The Consortium Agreement is only valid for one semester, once the consortium term has ended, student will need to complete and submit new Consortium Agreement Forms to be considered for additional financial aid.

To expedite the processing of your financial aid, you should complete the above procedures and submit the information to the Office of Financial Aid at UWest as early as possible. Delays could affect your eligibility for aid.