Application F.A.Q.

Frequently Asked Questions

Some of the more frequently asked questions can be found below:

Where can I complete the online application and pay the fee?

You can apply online. At the end of the application form, you will be able to submit your payment through PayPal.  All applicants can also apply through the Common Application.


Where can I find information regarding scholarships?



What is a CV? What is it for?

A CV is a curriculum vitae or your resume, which is a brief account of your job history, educational background, and other previous experiences. This is required for graduate business applicants.


If my transcripts don’t indicate the scores in a US 4.0 GPA scale, what should I do?

If your transcript is in English but is not on the 4.0 scale, you may still submit it to UWest for evaluation. However, if it is NOT in English, you need to have it translated and evaluated by an international education evaluation services company.


Who should write my recommendation letters?

You can ask former instructors or supervisors to write your letters.


What is a bank statement and what is it for?

Bank statements or proof of income are required for international students. International students must prove that they are able to pay for the annual total cost of attendance and have that amount reflected on their accounts.


What else can I submit as proof of English proficiency?

We require the TOEFL or IELTS, but if you’ve completed at least 3 years of English instruction at an international school or if all of your classes were taught in English, we may be able to waive the test requirement.


Do you provide on-campus accommodation?

Yes. Our residence halls are on campus, and you can find more information on our OFFICE OF RESIDENTIAL LIFE » page.


I’m an international student. Can I get scholarships?

Yes.  For a full list of requirements and deadlines, please see SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS»


How do I submit my application documents?

You can upload your unofficial transcripts and personal statement through our online app. Sealed, official documents should be mailed to:

Enrollment Office

University of the West
1409 Walnut Grove Ave.
Rosemead, CA 91770

Awaken Your Purpose