We’re so happy you found us, and we’re excited that you will be bringing your unique personality and perspective to our community. At UWest you’ll be getting a high-quality education and a unique student experience at an affordable price!

Transfer Policy– Every Unit Matters

UWest makes every effort to transfer units from your community college or other accredited higher education institutions towards your degree and help you achieve your academic goals. To facilitate this, we strongly recommend you provide us with a copy of your unofficial transcripts for a preliminary evaluation of your transferable units.

  • Students who wish to transfer to UWest from another college or university should be in good standing and not under academic or disciplinary probation or suspension.
  • In the baccalaureate program, UWest accepts a maximum of 90 semester or 135 quarter units earned at other regionally accredited or state-approved colleges, including a maximum of 70 semester or 105 quarter units earned at community colleges.
  • Transfer credit will only be given for eligible courses passed with a grade of C (2.0) or higher.
  • Credits for examinations given by the National Testing Service are generally not accepted, with the exception of Advanced Placement (AP) examinations.

A Degree with a Guarantee

UWest participates in the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) program, making it easy for California community college students to transfer to University of the West. Students can contact UWest Enrollment office, or visit for more information.


Associate Degree for Transfer logo


IGETC Information

Students attending California community colleges should select General Education courses that meet requirements for either CSU certification or IGETC certification. Fulfillment of either CSU or IGETC certification prior to enrollment at UWest will fulfill UWest’s General Education requirements with the exception of the capstone course.

IGETC certification is not required but is advisable. If you have not followed the IGETC curriculum, you may still transfer to UWest.

Veterans Affairs (VA)

Veterans may be eligible for undergraduate transfer credit based on their military training. An official ACE Net transcript must be submitted for evaluation. Details on ordering a transcript are available at

Application Requirements

  1. Application – Complete the UWest online application or the Common Application.
  2. Application feeThe $50 fee for domestic students or $100 fee for international students is non-refundable. Payment may be made by check, credit card, or through the online application. Please make checks out to University of the West.
  3. Personal Statement – A 400-500 word essay answering the question, “What skills and attitudes do you believe are necessary for a successful life?”
  4. Transcripts – Copies of your high school transcript OR transcripts from all colleges or universities you’ve attended. Transcripts must be sealed and sent directly from the school(s) to the Enrollment Office.
  5. Diploma – Copies of an official high school diploma, or its equivalent.
  6. Identification – Copy of legal photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, state ID, passport),  along with a Social Security card and Permanent Resident card, if applicable.
  7. Explore Transfer Scholarships and Financial Aid